...So I became a tour guide

Belfast Noir



"Belfast is the most noir place on earth."

Lee Child


For a while I had been thinking how Belfast didn't seem to have much in the way of screen or literature tours. Of course there are Game of Thrones tours, but not much else. Thinking about the city centre out towards the south, I realised lots had been filmed there- such as Line of Duty, The Fall and the classic Film Noir Odd Man Out. Put this together with the downright explosion of Ulster Noir and local writers, I wondered why there was no tour around any of this.

So I thought I' d have a go!

I wrote a draft of a tour and then teamed up with local company, Belfast Hidden Tours. They had also been thinking of doing something similar. We've been developing it for six months and here we are! It's a mix of screen and books, with a heavy influence on Crime Fiction and a wee bit of true crime, with other bits and bobs thrown in. We launched last week and the hour and a half tour takes in locations such as City Hall, The Crown, Queens, Botanic and the infamous No Alibis Bookstore. The tour also includes two of my novellas in ebook form for free.

Hopefully there is something in it for everyone and I really love getting to introduce readers to some of our terrific local writers. There really are too many to name them all, but some who I'll be discussing and/ or reading from include Colin Bateman, Adrian McKinty, Brian McGilloway, Claire McGowan, Steve Cavanagh, Gerard Brennan, Stuart Neville, Sharon Dempsey, Maurice Leitch, Kelly Creighton. The tour ends in No Alibis, so folk can avail of the stacks upon stacks of great titles if they wish to.

We'll continue to run it throughout the summer every Friday and Saturday at 12 and 2pm. It'll also be open for private bookings and we hope to schedule some off peak events too. You can contact Belfastnoir@gmail.com or book through Visit Belfast.

I hope to see some of you along!




For information on my writing, visit the 'My Books' page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trouble with ‘The Troubles’ - 10 CRIME FICTION BOOKS TO READ FROM NORTHERN IRELAND

HUNTING For A Story